www.twitter.com/yonikkakae

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Oven baked Crablegs

OKAY! You all are lucky I love my followers or else I would not be sharing this recipe at all. So many people taste my crablegs and wonder how do I cook them... well here is the secret..

I usualy cook about 3-6lbs for myself and I suggest to go to a seafood market instead of a grocery store. The farmers market is excellent or just google seafood markets in your area and call to find out prices.

Crab legs should be nice in size, the thin ones are a waste of effort so get the fattest ones that you can find. They should be red in color as well.

ingredients

Large baking pan ( you can easily grab a disposable foil pan from the dollar store)
Old bay seasoning
Lawry's seasoning salt
garlic powder
country crock soft butter
pepper

1)Pre heat oven to 350 degrees, rinse and clean off any frozen parts of the crab legs
2)cover pan with foil at the bottom
3)put crab legs into pan and completely cover with oldbay, and garlic. Use seasoning salt and pepper according to taste. (I'm a huge garlic fan)
4) take spoon fools of butter and put atleast one on top of each crab body.
5) Add water, just enough to entirely cover the bottom of the pan, then completely cover with foil as if making a little package. Make sure pan is air tight!
6) poke air holes for steam to be released
7) Set timer on oven for 25 minutes and you know they are done when the steam is racing and you can hear the butter sizzling at the bottom of the pan.

Putting the crablegs in the oven save the flavor of the seasoning. sealing the foil together prevents drying out of the meat and also helps with easy clean up.

I usually make corn on the cob and red potatoes to go with my crab legs...

ENJOY!!

No comments:

Post a Comment